The Original Evergreen Marquee
The Evergreen Drive-In originally opened on June 19, 1947 as the Ruthorn Drive-In. It was built by Donald J. Ruth, owner of Ruth Lumber and Builders Supplies of Scottdale, Pa.
The Drive-In was renamed the Evergreen Drive-In sometime in 1949.
In 1961 the theatre was sold to the Michael's family of Pittsburgh, Pa. The Michael's family owned and operated the theatre until 1998.
In 1999 the theatre was purchased by Warren Theatres. In the fall of 2001 two new screens were added and in 2002 the drive-in opened as a first run 3 screen theatre.
The Warren family has been in the drive in business since 1949.
The other Drive-Ins owned by the Warren family included:
Blue Dell in North Huntingdon, PA.
Bel-Aire in North Huntingdon, Pa
Super 30 in North Huntingdon, PA.
Greater Pittsburgh in North Versailles, PA (5 screens)
South Hills in Pleasant Hills, PA
The Rose Drive-In and Motor Speedway in Harrison City, Pa
Super 50 in Ballston Spa, NY
Warren Enterprises also owned and operated the following:
The Blue Dell Swimming Pool in North Huntingdon, PA
The Blue Dell Diner in North Huntingdon, PA
Movieland Miniature Golf in North Versailles, PA
The Circle Indoor Theatre
The Melrose Indoor Theatre
And the Warren-Morocco Coal Co. in Trafford, PA
The news paper clipping from Opening Night for the Ruthorn Drive-In. Dated June 19, 1947
Opening Night of Evergreen Drive in. Dated April 1949
Newspaper clipping dated June 1950